In this episode of The Universal Man podcast, Grego and Pricey discuss core values, why they’re important and how to go about determining core values in your own life.
In this episode we talk about:
- What core values are
- Understanding the role that core values play in one’s life
- A simple process to determine your own core values
“When you’re feeling uncomfortable in a situation, it’s because a behaviour is undermining your particular values; when you’re feeling awesome, that is enhancing them.”
Key points in the episode
- Understanding the role that values play in one’s life is important, and they are inherent in one’s operating system.
- Core values are things that give people energy to achieve their goals.
- Brené Brown’s book Dare to Lead offers a simple process to determine one’s core values.
- The process involves ranking words that represent values on a scale of 1 to 10.
- The next step is to select the top 10 values and then choose two or three that are the most important.
- Once the top two or three values are chosen, one should arrange the remaining values in a hierarchy, where they lead to the top values.
Grego and Pricey